Friday, November 14, 2008

207 new AM test!!!

We are starting the next test this week. I am starting to notice that I'm having more fun shooting reference nowadays. I shot over half a gig worth in the last two days...
Anywho, here's some of my favorites! I really want to do a test that is a little more interesting, story wise than my last one.


I don't know if I mentioned earlier, but my mentor for class2 is Dimos Vrysellas. He has the reputation of being hard to please. I like that about him a lot because he won't hold back when he critiques our work. He was trained as a traditional animator, so he likes to work pose to pose. I find his workflow to be quite organized and everything he has suggested has been really speeding up my own process. He is also the creator of tradigiTOOLS, a maya plugin. It has a lot of really useful features for animation. One that I cannot live without is the ability to change key ticks from red to green. Now I can FINALLY tell the difference between my keys and breakdowns in the timeline!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah... my bad, I've been on a sugar high for the last few days because of the discount Halloween candy everywhere.
Anyways, I'm in the process of making some changes to my jump test and switching Stewie over to splines. Stay tuned for a polished pass!!!
Cheerio!

No comments: