Sunday, November 16, 2008

Polish, first pass

Here's the first pass at polishing the post jumping test. I'm not very satisfied with it, needs some more tlc. I see three HUGE areas that need to be hit. The head/neck is twitching from 30-65, and is also wobbling around a lot from 150-160. Also now that I look at it, there is no lead/follow in the 148-153. Also, Stewie feels like he hits a wall at 170.
This time around at polishing, I was trying to be more aware of what the splines are looking like, however I found it to be similar to juggling, there were sooooo many things to pay attention to at once!! This was the case for the head twitch at 30-65.
I really want to create a workflow for myself where I don't have to hammer keys on every frame. From what I recall, that can be harmful if motion blur is used (is that correct?), so I figure it would be a bad studio habit.
Right now, my plan is to use my dry erase to draw out what I want on the screen, and try to play with the curves until I get my drawings' effect. If anyone has a more effective or time efficient way of polishing this stuff, I would TOTALLY like to hear about it!! =)
So yeah, a second pass is on the way. Until then, enjoy!

No comments: